Hello! Do you know any forums for people who are figuring their gender out? :-\
Hey, this is a perfectly reasonable question, to be able to talk and share your feelings with someone also questioning. Luckily there are a number of resources for those in the LGBT community online, including forums. For more information you can check out Resources for Questioning Youth: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual.
Though it may seem a bit discouraging, transgender issues tend to be lumped together with the rest of the LGBT community. However, this means you can find information on gender and sexuality all in one place.
So what resources do I recommend? All of the sites I will list will be more towards gender identity, of course.
Geared Towards Coming Out/Other’s Stories/Information
- OutProud: offers tips on coming out, stories by other queer youth, recent news articles regarding the LGBTQ community, resources for suicide prevention, and a forum, though this doesn’t seem to be updated frequently and may focus more on sexuality
- Antijen: this is more towards transsexuals but the site has the stories of transsexuals going through high school when they’re in the wrong body and other such stories and information
- Youth Guardian Services: online support for LGBTQI and questioning youth
For Suicide Prevention & Support
- The Trevor Project: the program offers help for LGBT and questioning youth to prevent suicide, along with sharing news in the LGBT community, general education of gender identity and sexuality, even for parents and educators
- GLBT National Help Center: offers a phone line for LGBT people along with a page on frequently asked questions and a list of resources
- LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity – Teen Help: forums that are still alive and offer the opportunity for LGBT youth to ask for others experience, knowledge, etc.
- Transyada: alive forums that let users talk about gender, sexuality, and other subjects such as art
- Empty Closets – LGBT forum on coming out and other people’s stories, updated really often and I’ve found very good advise on this forum
The Unfortunate Truth
Most forums for questioning youth that used to be active no longer are or the link is no longer good. Many of these forums were started years ago and have since died out.
The Positive Side
A lot of these forums have have closed but we still have a lot of sites offering resources and communities for questioning and queer people. To find more resources you can check out GenderqueerID or browse through Tumblr. Chances are somewhere on this world wide web you’ll find someone you can talk to about yours and their experiences.